R & T Operations

  • Forms & Procedures
  • FAQ & Queries

Forms & Procedures

The Company is amongst the top 3 Corporate R&T Agents in India and has the Clientele base Exceeds 400 Corporates and includes MNC’s, MF’s and Bluechip Corporates. Using a consultancy BSS is a low cost solution to business planning and competitiveness. Unbiased professional advice can offer immediate, affordable and vital assistance to help grow a business profitably and sustainable of our clients.


FAQ & Queries

Change of address

If the shares held by you are in physical form, kindly send a request letter (Format) signed by the shareholder (first named shareholder in case of joint-holders) giving the new address along with the Pin Code. Please quote your folio number without fail. In case the shares held by you are in demat,please inform the change to your DP.

No. The letter of request will require the signature of the first holder only.

No. There can be only one registered address for one folio.

Since your Depository Participant maintains your record of dematted shares, you have to inform them about any change in your address. Your Depository Participant will then pass on this information when any action like despatch of Annual Accounts or payment of dividend etc., is due to be taken by the company.


You may please write to us quoting the name of the company furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received and also quoting your folio number/client ID particulars (in case of dematted shares).We will verify the records and provide you with the status.

If the dividend warrant is still shown as unpaid in the Bank Statement, we shall issue a duplicate warrant to you expeditiously, on providing an indemnity bond.

As per the present law, the dividends outstanding for the years earlier to 1995 if found unpaid / unclaimed,such amounts have been transferred to the Central Government. Unpaid/unclaimed dividends issued subsequent to the year 1995 and if such dividends are more than 7 years old, such dividends cannot be claimed.If you have not received any of these dividends, you may please write to us with relevant particulars like folio number, concerned dividend, etc., and the we shall clarify the status and arrange to pay the dividend if it remains unpaid as per the records provided they are not already transferred to the Investor protection fund.

You may please make an application to the concerned Registrar of Companies, in Form No. II. However, please note that the unpaid / unclaimed dividend amounts transferred to the Investor Education and Protection fund established under the Companies Act,1956 in the year 2002 and as per the applicable law no refund can be claimed by the shareholders or such dividends.

Currently the bank account particulars are being overprinted on the dividend warrants wherever Available and in the absense of the same, complete address is printed to avoid possible fraudulent encashment. In case you have not provided your bank account details in the past or wish to change ,please forward a communication as stated below. a) If you are holding shares in physical form, please quote the name of the company and give your folio number, details of name , of your bank and account number to us and we shall incorporate the same in all your future dividend warrants b)If you are holding the shares in demat form, such details will have to be given to your Depository Participant with whom you have a demat account. Your Depository Participant in turn will pass on this information to the company through the Depositories NSDL/CDSL. This procedure is in accordance with depository regulations.

As per the Depository Regulations, the Company concerned is obliged to pay dividend as per the details of demat shareholders furnished by the concerned Depository Participant. The Company or their Registrars cannot make any change in such records received from the Depositories.


Under this system, you can receive your dividend electronically by way of direct credit to your bank account. This avoids a lot of hassles like loss/fraudulent interception of dividend warrants during postal transit. This also expedites payment through credit to your account compared to dividend warrants in physical form. We strongly recommend that if you have not already opted for Electronic Clearing Service, you may please do so.

In case you are holding shares in physical form, you should submit the ECS form duly completed along with a photocopy of a leaf of your cheque as advised in the Form and we shall take due note of the same in our records. As a result, all subsequent dividends will be paid to you through direct credit to your bank account.However, if the shares are in demat, please get in touch with your DP.

No. The Reserve Bank of India has enabled ECS facility at select cities only.This facility is being provided by most of the companies to the investor based cities viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Luknow, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Surat, Trivendram and Vadodra.

The applicant having a bank account in one of the aforesaid 64 (bank) centers will get refunds through ECS. You are requested to ensure that bank details including MICR code ( a 9 digit code which appears in the cheque leaf) maintained at the depository level are updated at your DP end The bank account details will be directly taken from the depositories' database and hence are not required to be filled in the application form for issues wholly made in dematerialized form. You shall get individual intimations about details of the bank where refund amount (if any) have been credited .These intimation shall be dispatched by the Registrars within 15 days ( in case of a Book Built issue) and 30 days (in case of Fixed price issue) from the closure of the issue. SEBI has provided for various mode of making refund to the applicants viz. Direct Credit, RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement), ECS (Electronic Clearing Service) and NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer). As stated above, applicants in 64 centers where clearing houses are managed by RBI and other banks will get refunds through ECS . Applicants at other centers will continue to get refunds through Registered/Ordinary post. Applicants are advised to read the instructions given in the prospectus/ abridged prospectus/ application form carefully.

This avoids a lot of hassles like loss/fraudulent encashment of dividend warrant during postal transit. Payment is directly coming to your account through Banking Channels. So, there will be no wait for receipt of dividend warrants and depositing into your bank.

Loss of share certificates

Please inform us immediately about loss of share certificates quoting the name of the company your folio number and details of share certificates if available. We shall immediately mark a caution on your folio to prevent any further transfer of shares covered by the lost share certificates. Simultaneously , you will have to lodge a complaint with the police regarding loss of share certificates and also furnish an acknowledged copy of the police complaint. Upon receipt of all the above, we shall advise you further formalities to be complied with for issue of duplicate certificates. However please note that if the lost share certificates are lodged with the company together with a valid transfer deed by a third party for transfer, the case will be dealt with on the basis of relevant facts and we shall advise further course of action at that time.

You have to follow the procedure described in the preceding answer.

Please surrender the original share certificate to us immediately, if the duplicate share certificates have been issued. However,if the original share certificates are found before you comply with the procedure for obtaining duplicate share certificate, please inform us immediately so that we can remove the caution marked against such share certificates.


Please forward your share certificates along with a request letter duly signed by all the joint-holders as per the specimen signatures recorded.

Yes. Please forward the share certificate(s) relating to those folios which you wish to merge and we shall consolidate your folios and return the share certificates by endorsing the consolidated folio number. You may please note that the folios to be consolidated should be in the identical name and in the same order of identical names (in case of joint-holding) and bear the same address.

Please forward your share certificates along with a request letter duly signed by all the joint-holders as per the specimen signatures recorded.

Nomination with respect to shareholding

You have to submit a nomination form duly filled in duplicate and signed. If you are holding shares along with other holders then all the holders will have to sign the nomination form. After the form is received by the company, and if found in order, a registration number will be allotted to the nomination. A duplicate copy of the nomination form received from you will then be returned back to you with an endorsement indicating the registration number and date. Nomination can be made only in respect of shares held in physical form. In case of dematted shares, your nomination has to be recorded with your Depository Participant. Only one nomination can be made for each folio. Folios having different order or combination of names of shareholders will require separate nominations.


Joint holders are not nominees. They are joint holders of the relevant shares having joint rights on the same. In the unfortunate event of death of any one of the joint holders, the surviving joint holder/s of the shares is/are the only person/persons recognised by the company as the holders of the shares.

Nomination once made can be revoked by a shareholder by giving a fresh nomination. If the nomination is made by joint holders, and one of the joint-holders dies, the remaining joint holder/s can make a fresh nomination by revoking existing nomination.

Upon the death of a shareholder, the Nominee, to the exclusion of any other legal heir/beneficiary, is the only person in whom the shares vest. In other words, in case of a valid nomination, the company will not entertain any claim from legal heirs or beneficiaries and the shares will be transmitted only in favour of the Nominee.

In case if the nomination is made by joint-holders, the nomination will come into play only upon the death of all the joint holders. Therefore if one of the joint shareholders dies, the shares will devolve on the surviving shareholders to the exclusion of the Nominee. In this case the surviving shareholders may make a fresh nomination if they so desire.

Upon death of a shareholder, the nominee is entitled to have the shares transmitted in his favour. He/She will have to give a notice in writing to this effect along with the share certificate(s) of the deceased shareholders. Alternatively, the nominee can transfer the shares held by the deceased shareholder, to a third party.

If a nominee opts for registration of shares in his name, he is required to produce proof of identity, e.g., copy of passport, driving license, voter's identity card or such other proof to the satisfaction of the company. The nominee should also submit his specimen signature duly attested along with a request for transfer.

Upon scrutiny of the documents submitted by the nominee, shares will be transmitted in his favour and share certificates returned to him duly endorsed.

Yes, a nominee can sell the shares to a third party, without registration of shares in his favour. However, the usual procedure for transfer of shares will have to be followed.

For making a nomination with respect to dematted shares, you will have to approach your DP. In the account opening form provided by the Depository Participants there is a provision for providing the name of the nominee. Please consult your Depository Participant for further details.

Transfer of shares

You will have to send the share certificates along with the Share Transfer Deed, (available with Stock Exchange/Share Brokers) duly filled in, executed and affixed with share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. The shares, along with the Share Transfer Deed will have to be sent to us at the following address, Bigshare Services Pvt. Ltd., E-2, Ansa Industrial Estate, Saki-Vihar Road, Sakinaka,Mumbai - 400 072. Normally, it takes 15 days for processing the transfer the shares are registered in your name, and the share certificates will be dispatched to you.

The procedure of registration of shares gifted is same as the procedure for a normal transfer. The stamp duty is also applicable in case of gifted shares, and the duty is at 0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of the transfer deed by the transferee.

Registration of Share Transfer is carried out only at our office in Mumbai at Bigshare Services Pvt. Ltd., E-2, Ansa Industrial Estate, Saki-Vihar Road, Sakinaka,Mumbai - 400 072.However you may lodge the documents at any of our branches and obtain receipt for the same.

The stamp duty applicable on share transfer is at 0.25% on the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Share Transfer Stamps can be obtained from the authorised stamp vendors. Your sharebroker can also help you in this regard.

Please fill in all the columns of the transfer deed, sign as transferee at appropriate places and affix share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Please ensure that the transfer deed is duly filled in and executed as explained, to avoid any discrepancy/objection on lodgement.

You have to execute a transfer deed, duly stamped and submit the same to us for transfer. Please note that such addition of name amounts to change in ownership of shares and the procedure for transfer has to be followed.

A transfer deed is valid for a period of one year from the presentation date indicated in the stamp affixed by the Registrar of Companies on the upper portion of the deed or the closure date of Register of Members immediately after the presentation date, whichever is later. Please check whether your transfer deed is still valid. If so, submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificates to us for transfer in your favour. If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired you will have to approach the Registrar of Companies for extending the validity of the transfer deed. Alternatively, you may approach the registered holder/seller whose signatures are appearing on the transfer deed as seller to execute fresh transfer deeds. Thereafter you may submit the fresh/revalidated transfer deed to us for transfer. Revalidation of transfer deed(s) is not applicable in case of entities which are not under the purview of Registrar of companies.

Transmission of shares

The surviving shareholders will have to submit a request letter supported by an attested copy of the Death Certificate of the deceased shareholder and the relevant share certificates. The company on receipt of the said documents will delete the name of deceased shareholder from its records and return the share certificates to the applicant/registered holder with necessary endorsement.

The legal heirs should obtain a Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration with respect to the shares and a true copy of the same, duly attested by the Court Officer, or Notary should be sent to the company along with a request letter, transmission form, and all the share certificates in original, for transmission in their favour.

The legal heirs will have to get the will probated by the High Court/District Court of competent jurisdiction and then send a copy of the probated copy of the will, along with relevant schedule/annexure setting out the details of the shares, the relevant share certificates in original and transmission form for transmission.

You should obtain a Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration of the last deceased joint holder in your favour and follow the procedure for transmission of shares.

You will appreciate that in order to ascertain that the will in question is the last will and testament made by the deceased, it is important that the same is authenticated/probated by the Court. This is to protect the interest of the investors at large and to obviate any future claims/disputes on the same.

As per law, the joint holder is deemed to be having indivisible ownership of the joint property and the company cannot ascertain as to how or why the name was included. As per the Articles of Association of the company, the surviving joint holders are the only persons recognised as having title to the shares.